For Estella

I am thankful for many things and one of those is my two healthy children. Whilst browsing Twitter, I came across the story of Estella. Estella died at the age of only eight months of a genetic condition, SMA or Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I hope this blog can help raise awareness of the condition and at the same time, I would like to call for submissions of handmade stars to create a wall for Estella and all the children who use Bluebell Wood Hospice where Estella stayed.

Stars should be between 5cm and 15cm across and suitable to be displayed on a wall. Obviously stars will need to be child friendly, both visually and as I am hoping to create a piece than can act as sensory stimulation for the children at the hospice, the pieces will also need to be safe for small fingers...non toxic, no sharp edges, beads and buttons securely sewn or glued.

Thursday 30 August 2012

My apologies

My apologies....I was hoping to have finished backing the stars and have them all sent off by now, but the school holidays and craft fairs are getting the better of me. I am still on the case, and getting things sorted slowly...and I *will* get them in the post soon!

This isn't the best photo of all the stars together, but it gives you a good idea of what they'll look like altogether. (Excuse the desk!)


Of course, if anyone has any more stars they'd like to send me in the meantime, you're more than welcome!

Linda Kirkbride is also making a collaborative project for Estella and is collecting small handmade stars for an art bra....do contact her if you would like to join in :) She is also selling handmade brooches to raise money for SMA research....take a look here!

No comments:

Post a Comment